Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Few Things That Happened This Week...

..were fun, and others, completely strange! Tyson's 5Th birthday was Monday. He had a great time, and as you might expect has tried milking the rest of the week for all it's worth! Last Friday we started the birthday festivities by swimming at a friend's house. On Saturday we took him to Chuck E Cheese, (his choice of course), and then on Sunday we had a little get together with family and friends. We like to give our kids an entire weekend to be special, but as I mentioned earlier they really try their very best to extend it as long as possible. Check out birthday pics on Flickr.

Now, moving on to some of the "completely strange" things; Wednesday was perhaps, if not the strangest day I've experienced, it's definitely near the top of the list! First of all, Brock had an early morning baseball practice. Generally if it's just a practice I don't stay. So, I dropped him off at practice, got home, gave Tyson a snack, and all of a sudden this pounding rain started. It rained so hard and so fast I couldn't believe it. I rushed Tyson to the van and headed back to the baseball complex (which thank God is just down the road). I could barely see to drive my windshield wipers were on the highest setting and the roads were flooding fast. Then it got windy, which really freaked me out. So there I was trying to find my kid in the middle of a monsoon. I finally found him under a pavilion with his team, soaked and muddy but unharmed!

After the rain incident I had to pick my Great Aunt up and take her to an appointment she'd scheduled with her attorney. We dropped the kids off at my mom's and decided to walk to the attorney's office since it's only a couple of blocks from mom's. This is a great idea in theory, not so much in real life! Have you ever seen those TV ads depicting the elderly trying to cross the road but just aren't quite moving fast enough? Well, that's exactly how I felt. My Aunt bless her heart, is in her mid eighties, we had to cross two busy intersections, do I really need to say more? Talk about high blood pressure! We finally get there and the attorney's office door was locked. I tried calling and I could actually hear the phone inside ringing but no one answered. We waited and waited but nothing. I was really dreading the highly intense trip back. Thank God I was able to find a different route back on side streets that were less traveled. Whew!

Since my kids were already with my mom, I decided to ask her to keep them a bit longer. She happily agreed. I love my children but any chance I get to grocery shop without them makes life easier. So I headed to Wal-Mart, list in hand and ready to gather supplies for my family. I walked in the doors and noticed that people were staring strangely at these two tween aged girls just ahead. I could only see their backs -the girls- so I was kind of confused, but only for a while. Eventually I caught up with them and quickly understood why people were looking at them strangely. It was because they were strange. Each of them had bright red lipstick smeared around their lips, hair in uneven pig tails and saying very weird things. No, they weren't mentally challenged. I noticed this middle aged man walk by them and then noticed out of the corner of my eye that he hadn't kept moving. I didn't think much of it at first until I heard one of the girl's say "oh my gosh, are you recording us?" I looked over and he had his Blackberry and was indeed recording them. Then he started telling them to dance and say odd things. Then they all walked over to the bra section and he told them to act like princesses. I was so freaked out! It was creepy. I had just worked up enough guts to walk over and tell him to stop when an employee beat me to it. You know it's icky to think about why he wanted to tape them. When he first started I thought maybe it was just to show people "these two crazy kids he saw at Wal-Mart" but when he told them to do things it became bizarre. Those girls obviously wanted attention but in a moment it could have turned into the kind of attention no woman wants. All he had to do was follow them out. The guy looked clean cut and "normal". Not every monster looks creepy.

Thanks for letting me share.

4 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Blogger Lois said...

Wow. What a story. That is quite an interesting day. The story about Aunt M...cracks me up though, because I can totally picture the whole thing. Lol. Cute, cute!

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!!!! What a creepy guy! I seriously can't imagine girls dressed like that, though! I wonder what was up?!? I'm glad that you were headed over to the guy to ask him to stop what he was doing. Good job, Brandee. And the fact that they were in the bras section ~ just weird. Ugh. :( Sorry about the rain storm. Have you had lots of rain lately? Glad Brock was OK. I know what you mean about grocery shopping ~ sometimes I feel like I should wait until NIGHTTIME to do ours! hehe :)

 
At 2:05 AM, Blogger Mandy said...

What a crazy day. I wish some one would have recorded you helping your Aunt a cross the busy street instead of the sicko recording the girls. I'm glad you had the nerve to say something. What about all the other people in the store. That is way those sick men get away with it. One employee and you out of many that is kind of sad. The very first time I went to walmart after moving down here on my way in the door I was almost taken out by a TV. Followed by a few employees. upon leaving the store. I found out the guy was stealing the TV. I was parked across from his car. He had already stolen one TV and went back in for more. I had trouble getting out of my spot. The guy must have kept running because they were still looking for him when I left.Just thought I would share.

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger Lois said...

Hey..we miss you! You should post about your birthday weekend!! I want to hear what you did! Okay yeah do that! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home