Thursday, May 17, 2007

Make Over Party Cake



My cousin asked me to make a cake for her daughter's birthday. She is paying for a manicurist to come and do the girls' nails. She originally asked for a cake in the shape of lipstick but I asked if I could try molding some fondant. So this is the result. The "make up" is all fondant that I sculpted and painted. I guess it's not too bad considering I've never really sculpted anything and barely passed art class. The icing is of course butter cream and the circles are also fondant. I just couldn't think of anything else to go with the other "make up." I tried doing a nail file but it didn't turn out. It looks a little undone to me but it will have to do.


I worked on the "make up" on Tuesday and then baked and decorated the cake today. I chose the colors after walking through the recipient's room. She had a photo frame that was all electric green with little purple and orange funky circles. I don't think she knows yet that the cake is coming, hopefully it's a good surprise.

5 Comments:

At 5:03 AM, Blogger Lois said...

That is SO Awesome! It looks Great! I think you already know this, but you are -way- too hard on yourself. It is thee coolest cake for a girl's party I have every seen. Very Good Job!!

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Brandee that is amazing! I LOVE it! I wish I had a fraction of the talent you do. I'm sure she'll love it too! And don't think it looks "undone", less is more and I think it's perfect!

 
At 3:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy CRAP, Brandee! That is one *amazing* cake! You did such an excellent job. The makeup? Goodness ... I could *never* do anything like that. Love the purple and lime green. You ROCK!!!

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger Mandy said...

The cake is truelly amazing. I would have to say after see this cake you were born to do this. You could have fooled me on not doing well in art. They must not of had the right projects.

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger sara said...

I was just showing Bryan your amazing cakes! We think that you do such a great job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home