Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Oh My Golly.....Those Sure Are Big!



No, dirty minds, it's not what you think!! Get them out of the gutter! My title actually refers to the mountains of Pennsylvania and New Jersey. If you don't know I have a bit of an issue with heights!!! I wasn't prepared for hundreds of miles of mountainous, cavernous, frightening landscape. The last time I made this trip was four years ago. It was very late and very dark so I had *NO* idea what we had driven through. My husband (most likely for his own sanity) didn't warn me of what was to come after Ohio. In my defense, the pictures don't even due justice to how tall these mountains really are. At one point I had to breath very slowly because I could see ahead of me one giant towering mountain on each side of what felt like a very tiny road with signs warning of falling rock! What!! Seriously as frightened as I was, it was also so amazing to see such beautiful places. Some of the photos didn't come out so great and there were times I was too afraid to take a picture! LOL! If you want to check them out I'm going to post them on our photo page The Life In Pictures. (There is a link on my sidebar.)


Stay tuned for more!!

2 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger Lois said...

I am so happy! I was hoping that you would post vacation pics and here you have already!! Keep them coming!!

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Jen said...

I would have been hiding on the floor boards. You are sooooo brave!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home