Saturday, April 28, 2007

Cleveland Rocks.....Especially For Unexpected Stops!



Wow! What a day! I thought I might update everyone on our progress. We checked the radar before leaving this morning to hitt the road. We were aware that there could be a few storms throughout some of our areas of travel. Yikes! A few storms? Everything was great until we reached Erie, PA. It started with rain and lightening, then turned to complete down pour. It took several miles before we could actually see where we were going on the road. VERY frightening!!! The rain eased up a bit but we looked up to see some really dark clouds hanging very low. Spencer and I noticed them about the same time. I had just started to say "maybe we can drive out of this" when all of a sudden we saw ahead a flashing white light just off the right hand lane. At first, I thought that traffic was stopping because of a Tornado. Then I realized that a car was on it's side. My next thought was that it had blown over. When we pulled up behind we realized it had over corrected and flipped. Spencer jumped out to go help and I turned on the hazard lights. It was really freaky with the black clouds rolling by and the man trapped in his Explorer. He was fine and we made it through the storms until Cleveland. So here we are! There are watches and warnings all over. We thought it would be best to stop over for the night. Keep us in your prayers!

3 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have such a kind and caring husband. Spence is really a great guy, to help like that. I'm *so* relieved that the guy is OK! How freaky would that be to flip in your car like that??? I am *so* grateful that you guys got a hotel room and are safe and sound. What nasty weather. We've been watching the weather report all day. Sending prayers your way, for sure! Be careful driving today!

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger Mandy said...

I think that would have been scary to see. The picture of the sky would make me want to stop over night also. I'm glad to hear you are all safe. Have safe trip today also.

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Jen said...

WOW! I didn't even think about you guys trying to drive home in that mess. We had hail here 4 different times throughout those storms. I'm glad everyone is safe and sound.

I just looked through all those pics. Those are soooooo good. The one looking down on New York gave me vertigo and I laughed my butt off at Spence and Jaffo with Superman. See you soon! :0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home