Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Is Everything Made Of High Fructose Corn Syrup And Fat??

Now I know that almost everyone in America resolves to exercise and lose weight each New Year. I on the other hand resolved to work harder (I've been exercising/pretending to eat healthy since September 06). Even so, I've managed to lose a miniscule amount of weight. Recently I watched a new program on the Discovery Channel, which was enlightening and depressing all at once! You on a diet, is a fantastic program. As I mentioned I found a lot of the information enlightening, on the other hand after watching the Dr. empty the fridge and pantry of all the "bad food items" I'm at a loss. I guess I just realized how "bad" our eating habits really are. (According to the smarty pants with a medical degree!) Too much red meat, not enough raw veggies, too many calories, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP!!!! Arrggg.... have you read any ingrediant labels lately? Isn't everything that tastes good made of High Fructose Corn Syrup and fat!! It seems as though everything is high in calories, too many carbs, bad, bad, bad! For example: bread, ketchup, frozen chicken products, canned fruit, need I go on? I realize that givng up any bad habit comes with a few days (dare I say weeks) of withdraw. PEOPLE.....I am hungry! I still resolve to work harder (but do I have to eat cardboard in the process?)

6 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger Lisanne said...

Do you guys watch "Mythbusters"? One episode, they tested the nutritional value of a cardboard cereal box as opposed to the fruity cereal inside, LOL! :) I totally know what you mean. High fructose corn syrup is everywhere. Ugh! I didn't buy any sweet treats at the grocery today, and now I'm craving cookies. LOL! :)

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger Brandee said...

We used to watch it a lot. I don't know if we saw the cardboard episode. You what's crazy, sometimes when I see really really thin people, I think gosh I'd love to be that thin, just so I could pig out and no one would notice!!!

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger Mandy said...

I watch mythbusters also but missed that episode. I know I'm good for awhile and lose take a samll break and in less than half the time it's back on. Brandee I know what your saying I work with a girl my age that's in a size two pants. It's hard watching her eat chocolate this and that everyday. I think yea I eat that and I'll be two pounds heavier. not fair. Cardboard doesn't sound good to me.

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's sara - don't feel like logging in. i'm overweight so do as i say not as i do! lol truthfully, though, everything in moderation. it's great to eat healthy, but do allow yourself to have some pleasure once in awhile. if you actually start eating the cardboard box, i think it would be in your best psychological interest to go out and get a snickers bar. your family will thank you later! lol

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Brandee said...

I agree with that, I mean I do want to eat healthy (er) but I'm not going to totally deprive myself. I just have to keep the moderation thing in mind (every second of the day!!! LOL!!!)

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Jen said...

You post so infrequently, that I just noticed there was a new one! LOL. Well good luck on the diet thing. I really should. And before anyone boos me I really have put on a spare tire. Remember just 3 years ago I was 110 and wearing a size 4 in comfort. Now I'm snug in an eight and weigh 135. So imagine gaining a quick 25 pounds and going up 2 whole sizes. I'll be honest though, even though I know I need to tone, I LOVE the extra weight. I have BOOBS! LOL. Besides, Paul said he doesn't care how much I weigh as long as I don't surpass him.... that leaves me some room for growth huh? hehehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home