Monday, October 16, 2006

The sound of drumming, silenced!

It's nice to know someone missed me! We had a nice anniversary. We weren't able to go on a trip this year. We found fun things to do and spent a lot of quality time together. On Friday night we ate pizza by candle and firelight, watched a movie and then fell asleep next to the cozy warm fire. On Saturday afternoon we drove to Shipshewana, IN. The drive was pretty. We decided to visit a park there (actually in Topeka)called The David Rogers Memorial Park. It was fun! It might not seem like anything special but we're history geeks. We were able to actually go inside of all the buildings on the property. We explored the park for about half an hour then decided to head back to town. We decided it would be fun to take an Amish horse and buggy ride. I don't have any pics of that because the tour guide says you're not supposed to ask Amish people to pose for photos. It was a great time! The driver extended our tour even though we only paid for the short one. He was very nice and answered all our (there was girl who took the tour with us) questions. He even took us to his mother and father's house. They actually weren't home but he used the spare key and gave us the grand tour. It did feel a bit strange being in someone's home while they were away. All in all it was pretty fun. My mom was really jealous. She really likes the novelty of Amish culture and reads every novel Beverly Lewis writes. I know it's not very nice but part of me couldn't wait to get home and say "guess what I got to do!"

Check out the photos at The Life In Pictures.

6 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger Jen said...

That sounds like so much fun. I love Shipshewana. Paul used to live there, so I've spent a lot of time there. The Amish don't like to have their picture taken, I was told that because of their fear of modern devices, something about the camera stealing their soul??? I know it's also why their dolls have no faces. Happy belated anniversary guys!

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger sara said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you both had so much fun. How many years is it? Glad to see you had a post!!! lol Take care

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Lisanne said...

So glad that you guys had a *lot* of fun for your sixth wedding anniversary! Can you believe that it has been six years? Wow!!!

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

I'm glad you had fun!!!!! I love Topeka and that area! We were just up there last weekend...well at Milford, but thats sort of close. I love Beverly Lewis too and got to have lunch with her when she was at the Anchor Room last year!

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Brandee said...

Thanks Jessica! I'll have to be sure and tell my mom you had lunch with B.L. Hey I can't read your blog anymore. I've tried but I can't get in. Hope you see this.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger sara said...

Brandee
I think that you need some encouragement....you are a good blogger....please blog soon.....we miss reading about your life......where are you......have you given up on a life of blogging......we miss you!!!! I really shouldn't criticize, it took me two weeks to finally update my blog...but I did it. Of course Jen left me a 'reminder'!! lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home