Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Who's That Girl?


I found this old photo of myself this morning. I sat staring lost in wonder....who's that girl? Where did she go? Hers is definitely NOT the reflection that stares back at me now. The longer I look the more reflective I become. I can't help but wonder if this is some profound admonition, my birthday so close at hand. So much has changed in just six short years. It's not just external but internal as well. I leave this deep reflection with a quote from the lyrics of a song my Auntie sings "I'm not where I'm headed but I'm not where I've been." Thank you God!

P.S.
All seriousness aside, I wouldn't mind being thin again! LOL!!

8 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger sara said...

I feel ya girl!! Inside and out - such a different person! I agree though, I would like to be thin again! lol

 
At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that photo and immediately thought, upon first glance, that you had dyed your hair. But then I was like, "Hey ~ her hair's longer in that picture!" I think that you looked great back then, and you look super now. Yes, I wish that I could be as thin as I was in high school and college ~ but I am *so* happy to be where I am right now in my life! I should post an old photo of myself sometime, too.

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Sexxxxxy mama! LOL. You do look different, but I would have to say better! I think it's in your eyes. Your eyes have changed the most.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Lois said...

I think we all pretty much change with age I think it is all part of God's plan. But I agree also, after I am done with this pregnancy I would like to go back to being my just married size (wouldn't that be nice)!!

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you are havingn fun today.

I heart to fart, too

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Hope you had a great one. Take care.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger sara said...

Happy Birthday Brandee!!!

Hope you had a great one!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home