Thursday, August 10, 2006

What Do Dinosaurs, History, Bob The Builder, And Too Much Chlorine Have In Common?

Well the answer is our latest mini-vacation! We took the kids to The Children's museum in Indy this week. I remember going to the museum as a class trip in elementary school. I don't think it was nearly as cool as it is now! Of course things have changed in the world since then! Brock really enjoyed the Dino World exhibit. I have to admit I was equally impressed. The light and sound really completes the atmosphere. Ty was a little freaked out but survived! LOL! His favorite was the Bob The Builder exhibit. Mom and Dad enjoyed this room least of all! Try to picture a room filled with life sized models of all the characters, a building station, Bob's workshop (complete with kid sized drill, saw, drawing board), Wendy's paint shop, and Farmer Pickle's water pumping station. Now picture all of this in one room and add about 50 screaming children all running around and around and around!!!!! I've never seen my husband as frazzled in all the years I've known him! I particularly enjoyed the History exhibit because yes as you know I love History. (In particular the 1800's.) So over all we really really enjoyed the museum. After many hours of exploring all four floors we decided to head towards our hotel. We checked in, got settled and decided on pizza for dinner. The kids were very excited because we picked a hotel with an indoor pool. After dinner we all got ready to go swimming. We took the elevator to the lobby and Tyson was so so excited. We got into the pool and within five minutes my eyes were burning. I told Spencer that something was wrong this never happens to me ever. All of a sudden I had trouble breathing. I decided to get out and try the hot tub but it was worse. Not even two minutes later Spencer motioned for me to come over. When I reached him he told me his eyes were on fire and that he was concerned at what effect it could be having on the kids. It was horrible. Tyson screamed all the way back to our room. He was so angry at us for not letting him swim. It's hard to explain something like that to a three year old. So needless to say we won't be staying with that particular hotel again. We did have a great time and that was really the only disappointing event. Well unless you count the fact that it cost 25 bucks to rent a pedal boat for the canal. I find that to be outrageous!! No thanks we'll walk! We did find out though that there is an indoor water park (closed of course on the days we were there!) and that's good to know for next time. Check out our trip photos on our photo blog (link on my side bar) The Life In Pictures.

5 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger sara said...

I've had that happen before at a hotel pool. Not only does it burn your eyes but you can taste it too. Besides that, your mini-vacation sounded like a lot of fun.

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Jen said...

I love mini-trips vs. long vacations. I think the kids the kids like them better too. Those indoor waterparks are on our list of *things to do* soon too. There's another one in Sandusky, OH called the Great Wolf Lodge that we want to check out. Hopefully next summer. I'm so glad you guys had such a great time.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Lisanne said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Sorry that your eyes started burning, though ~ too much chlorine in the pool, I guess. Ouch!

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Weren't you "razzing" Lois for not posting often? hypocrite! LOL

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Brandee said...

Hey you watch your mouth missy!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home