Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Smithlings.....or The Sterlismiths?

Hey guys and dolls I'm back! I've been snuffed, snotty and tired but here I am! I'd like to say Happy Birthday Mom! Ok now getting back to the post at hand, did you notice the title? This morning as I browsed the MSN home page I happened upon a very interesting article. I fear if I copy and paste the entire article I may end up in some sort of "trouble"! You know copyright laws and such! LOL! Here's the link, http://www.slate.com/id/2147875/?GT1=8483 I can summarize though, apparently there have been couples throughout the last few decades who've decided to merge their last names post nuptial. Now, they have chosen this in lieu of hyphen or no name change etc. Hmmmm.... very interesting. I've heard of hyphenation and even oddly enough the man taking the woman's name but merging?? So, intrigued by this new revelation I humorously encourage you all to decide on a "merge" of your own and then post the results in my comment section! There's no prize for the winner (sorry :( just a great laugh for all!

5 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some friends of mine, when they got married, hyphenated. The bride's last name was Zeigler, and the groom's last name was Hill. So they became, "Zeigler-Hill" as their last name. I thought that was really cool.

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, here we go...Married name: Carothers. Maiden name: Robertson. So, should I go with
*Roberthers* (row-bear-thurs) or Carotherson. Think I like Carothers the best!! Fun to think about.
(if this posts twice, I'm sorry...wrote one this morning and it seems it didn't come through)

 
At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm ... OK, well, my maiden name is Carothers ... married name Jensen ... how about "Jenothers"? LOL! :) Or "Carosen"?

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger sara said...

My maiden name was Long and married name Wigge (Wig-gee) - So here it goes - wiggong or Longge (long-gee) or Long-Wigge hehehe!!! I married a strange name! lol

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Ok.... Sterling and Noll.
Stoll? Norling? Nolling? Sternoll? LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home