Saturday, July 15, 2006

Something Forgotten.....Something New

I didn't post a Fun Fact Friday this week because we were "supposed" to be on vacation but it rained on our parade!! We attempted to carry out our plan to camp this weekend but were hindered by LOTS of rain. Spencer even checked the forecast just to be sure we'd be safe. We did get to enjoy Thursday evening and Friday morning but mid afternoon it started to look pretty nasty. All of a sudden it just poured down rain like crazy, no thunder no lightening just heavy rain. We also found out that our tent wasn't quite as water proof as we'd previously thought! The fire pit was so wet and had standing water on one side. So as disappointed as I was I finally conceded and helped pack up to come home. :( We rented movies and ordered take out instead. On a happy note we did find out that the children's movies at our Video Rental Store are free!!! What an excellent idea!!! This is a great deal particularly for us since our children have inherited our movie obsession!!

FYI: I started a photo blog called The Life....In Pictures. I have a link on my side bar if you want to check it out! I'll try to update it frequently. Also a lot of you have asked about the new look of my blog. I can't take ANY credit for it! My wonderful SIL Lisanne http://bathtubjunkie.net graciously agreed to help her blog skill challenged SIL (Me)by dressing up my template. Isn't she great!!!

Thanks Lisanne!!!

4 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger Jen said...

I can't believe you stayed out there as long as you did. It was pouring. So glad none of you drowned.... lol
And yes.... looks great Lisanne!
:0)

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Lois said...

To bad, about getting rained out. But it sounds like you still had fun!! I still can't see anything on your side bar though. Is it just me?

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Lisanne said...

I'm so glad that you like your new look! :) I had fun working on it. Sorry you guys got rained out!

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger sara said...

Well, you will always have the story about the time the monsoon came while you were camping, how you, Brandee, had to save the little ones from the whirlpool and . . . well, you get the point! lol At least you still have the memory!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home