Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Misc Ramblings



I don't have any cake pics to post this week. I haven't made many lately. I was going to do another pizza cake for my cousin's daughter. She decided that she just didn't have the time to do an all out sleep over party so she cancelled the cake. :( Well that's ok though! It gives me time to devote to repainting our kitchen cabinets. We decided last year when we redid our kitchen to purchase less expensive unfinished cabinets. I decided to go with a pickling stain. I really liked the sample displayed at the Hardware store. My cabinets look NOTHING like the sample piece. I applied coat after coat of stain and....... not even close. I was really disappointed and now I'm just tired of looking at them. I have these great handles that match my "garden" theme but you can't even really see them because the cabinets are so dull. So I'm going to try paint this time. I want them to have a little more detail and really make my leaf pulls pop! Well keep praying that all will go well! I attached pics of the cabinets now, stay tuned for after shots! Sorry about the crooked photography! LOL!

4 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger Lisanne said...

Oh, have fun painting! I hope that all goes well. Can't wait to see the finished product! That sounds like fun! I think that your kitchen is great.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger sara said...

Totally feel your pain! I really think that suppliers promote products that just don't work. A few years ago I bought a crackling kit. I love the look! Just like you I did it over and over and over again and it never worked. It looked terrible! Keep your chin up and good luck!

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger Jen said...

The pictures must not show it well, because I think it looks nice. I absolutly love your new kitchen. Did Spence ever get the lights working?

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Brandee said...

Thanks guys! You're all so sweet. Spencer did get the lights working. At full tilt it can be REALLY bright in there!!! LOL!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home